Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Wedding Day

Saturday, October 12, 2013 was one amazing day!
It was the day I married my best friend!
We were married at the Chapel of the Birthplace Shrine of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Montgomery Bell State Park, Burns, Tennessee at 2 pm.

 
I didn't get much sleep the night before and was up by 6 to start prepping!
My hairdresser and makeup artist were arriving at 8, and I did not want to be rushed, so I wanted to be as prepared when she got there.  She also came with one of my oldest and dearest friends and it was perfect to have here there also!  My bridesmaids and I started to get ready!  


The photographer showed up to get pictures of my dress, shoes, and jewelry, and then headed to get pics of Lou and his son, Jake.  Those pictures are precious!!  


We decided to take our first look pics on a bridge that crossed over one of the lakes in the park.  I had Lindsey help me walk down the 50 or so steps, and as soon as I was down to the bottom, she had to hightail it up those same steps to get out of the way.  


I made my way towards Lou and once we had the okay, Lou turned around and we saw each other for the first time all dressed up and ready to go!  We did a few pics on the bridge and then headed back up those steps to head to the chapel for more pics.  

These are some of my favorites!


Once we were done with the before wedding pics, my bridesmaids and I headed back to the villa to wait for the wedding to begin!!  
Once it was time we headed back to the chapel to begin my walk down the aisle!!  


My dad and I used to go walk all the time, but we had not in a long time, but right before he walked me down the aisle, I told him that of all the walks we took together, this one would be my favorite.  The groomsmen, bridesmaids, ring bearer, bell ringer, sign holder, and flower girls made their way down the aisle and then I waited for my music to start.  I had very specific songs that I wanted played at the wedding, and they were not traditional wedding songs, but love songs that I love.  


 My dad and Lou's grandpa are both ministers, so they both did the service.  I took parts of what they usually do in their wedding ceremonies, and combined them.  I also found a poem that I liked and had one of my dearest friends, Sara, read it in the ceremony.  Lou and I both loved the ceremony because it was perfect for us.  Also, we chose different vows that fit us and they were perfect!!


 We took family and wedding party shots after the wedding!

Then it was time to head to the reception!!

 
We wanted a laid back atmosphere where people could come in, eat, and just enjoy hanging out.
Finger foods were served - and some had to include bacon.
We served tea, lemonade, and water in mason jars that each person got to write their name on and take home.  We really didn't have a theme, but I used a lot of burlap, chevron, and I wanted pennant banners somewhere, so I made them.  It was a casual afternoon full of family and fun!  My sorority sisters sang to me as is tradition at weddings, and I didn't think I would cry, but I was so happy that I burst into tears!  

Lou and I were able to sneak away for a few minutes and go to the train tracks that were right by the building (later I found out that it is illegal to do pictures on train tracks).  But these are great!!


It was a perfect day!!  I could not have asked for anything more!!

Special Thanks:
Photography - Nashville Complete MVP
Dress - David's Bridal
Bridesmaids Dresses - David's Bridal
Suits - Street Tuxedo
Flowers - Spring Hill Florist and Gifts
Catering and Wedding Cake - Karen Goins
Groom's Cake - Julia's Homestyle Bakery
Reception Hall - Events on Main, Dickson, TN
Make-up and Hair - MandK Artistry
Jewelry - Shane Co.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment