Thursday, January 23, 2014

34th Birthday Re-Cap

Today was pretty awesome!  I took a personal day from work, and I can be somewhat of a control freak and worrier when it comes to work, but I have a fantabulous assistant site leader and a magnificent staff, so I had a worry free day!  I know they will call if needed and I tell them to, so they know I am not completely MIA.  I got to sleep in a little - Lou's alarm still went off at 4:45, and I set an alarm to remind me to take my meds at 7 am, but it was nice not to have to jump in the shower and head out into the cold this morning.  And it was about 15 degrees this morning.

I had a few things planned today and my mom came over at 10:30 and we headed to Hobby Lobby to get a print that I have had for 2 years framed.  It's a picture of Rainbow Row in Charleston, SC.  I love to go to Charleston, thanks to my great friends Ashley and Chandler.  I just love everything about it, and now my cousin lives there so it's perfect!  Once I get the frame hung, I will take a picture of it.  

We then headed to Olive Garden to meet my dad for lunch.  I usually go to the Franklin Chop House to eat for my birthday (probably have done that the last 6 or 7 years), but I wanted something different and didn't want to drive to Franklin.  It was a great lunch!  The salad is my favorite and then I got the chicken alfredo which is always good!

We left and I dropped mom off at her car and I went to get a manicure and a pedicure.  I tried a new place today and I really like it.  Of course I messed up my thumb nail, but no one but me will notice. 

Stopped by and picked up Papa Murphy's for dinner and then came home and took a nap.  I slept right through dinner and woke up sometime after Lou took Jake to karate.  Got up, ate some pizza and of course some leftover cake and relaxed the rest of the night.  

I have learned as I get older that I don't need huge parties, but just being with family and friends is what I need.  Now when I turn 40 and hit my mid-life crisis, I may want a party, but for now I am good.  

I even watched a half episode of Full House.  

I always take a picture of myself on my birthday whether I look good or not, and I like to look back and remember that day.  

I am truly blessed on my birthday and everyday!



No comments:

Post a Comment