Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Welcome to One Twenty Three!!  

I picked the name because it is my birthday numbers (1-23), my husbands birthday numbers (10-23), and our wedding anniversary numbers (10-12-13).

I am a 33 year old (for only a few more days) newlywed, who loves to watch movies and TV, read, sleep, eat, check Facebook, and pin tons of things to Pinterest that I will never do, but would love to one day!

I have a fantastic husband who puts up with a lot, who makes me laugh, who complements me, helps bring out the best in me, and is a fantastic cook!

I am imperfect.  I want so much to be liked by all, and want all to be happy.  I am stubborn and want my way 99% of the time.  But I am still learning how to compromise and see the bigger picture. I am jealous of others successes, but I know that God's plan for me is so much more than I can even imagine right now.  I know I want to make a difference, whether it be big or small.
I have a fabulous family, and fantastic friends.  I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life - I have a public health degree and a masters in elementary education - but I still have no idea where I will end up.  I know I am right where I need to be right now.  

So why am I doing this blog???

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to start a new blog (among other things), but not just a blog about me, but what I believe in, what I am passionate about, projects I have done, recipes I have tried, time spent with my husband, friends, etc..  I read so many inspirational blogs from strong Christian women and I love how they are so passionate about their faith.  I don't strive to be inspirational, but I want to be able to look back at 2014 knowing that I grew in my relationships with Christ, with others, with myself. 
I want to be open and honest about my faith and what it has done for me, my family, and my friends.  I am a true believer in the power of prayer, but I know the answer is not always going to be what we want, but what we need.  I have really learned to appreciate this saying - 
"Fair isn't everybody getting the same thing - 
Fair is everybody getting what they need in order to be successful."

I always start out the new year with lofty goals that I never meet - one year I wasn't going to eat chocolate - that lasted until my birthday - but I feel as if I put my resolutions out there, I will be reminded of them.  So here they are...not in any particular order...

                                                        1.  Start a new blog - check
                                                        2.  Run a 5K - I have the shoes
                                                        3.  Do my Jesus Calling devotional everyday
                                                        4.  Be happy with myself
                                                        5.  Not sleep so much during the day
                                                        6.  Start and finish my projects
                                                        7.  Be a good wife
                                                        8.  Stop worrying so much
                                                        9.  Read the Bible
                                                      10.  Be brave and try new things
                                                      11.  Read all the books I already have before I buy any new ones

I hope you will stick with me through my journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment