Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!!

I know everyone says they have the best momma in the world,
but I truly have the best momma!
Today is her birthday!
Here are a few things about her that makes her the best...
I can't write everything cause it would take decades!

#1
She has always been there for us - no matter what!  
She will drop what she is doing to be there for anything we need!

#2
She gives great advice - even though we didn't want to hear it, or thought it wasn't good advice,
she knows what she is talking about.

#3
She is a great example of what a wife and mother should be.
Even though I was the spawn of satan as a child (only at home), she loved us and never let us doubt her love for us.  There are so many times I feel horrible still for the way I acted and treated her, but I know it is in the past and that her love never went away.

#4
 She is a great cook!!  I love my mom's cooking!

#5
She (and my dad) always made sure we had what we needed - and most of the time what we wanted - even though we would often disagree when we were younger - we had it pretty darn great growing up.

#6
Not sure how they did it, but they raised some pretty good kids - at least we are in my opinion...we were not sheltered, but we were not over exposed.  We knew right from wrong, we went to church every Sunday,  we were disciplined - and I deserved every single punishment I got.
We were loved!

#7
My momma used to be a pistol-packing momma!  After a peeping tom incident in Madison, she learned how to shoot a pistol, and would carry it around in her purse and glove compartment, and when we would come home at night, we would sit in the basement/den while she opened every single closet and bathroom door to check for burglars.


#8
She took dance with my sister and me!  She even performed a tap number with a group of moms in a recital!  And she was good!!  She would always dance around the house and embarrass us, but now I take after her and dance around the house all of the time.

#9
She helped me learn to appreciate all types of music.  She would always play big band music and still strongly dislikes sad music.  But we have grown to love all sorts of music.  She also instilled a love for musicals in us!  As well as 80's movies such as Romancing the Stone and Back to the Future where at one time she would sit and type (she was a court reporter) and have the movie on in the background and be able to repeat every single word to the movie without watching.  

#10
She is one of the strongest women I know!  She survived a cerebral hemorrhage in July of 1999, was diagnosed with breast cancer in December of 1999, and then again in 2005.  She has not let any of that stop her from living life!

Happy Birthday Mom!!!
I love you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment