Saturday, July 19, 2014

StayCation 2014

Every summer Jake stays with Lou for a week...Lou takes the whole week off, and I have lots of vacation time saved up, so I decided to take a week off also!! 

Monday we went to meet my mom for lunch at a place in Nolensville that Lou and I had eaten at before and it was soooooo good!  I highly recommend Amico's New York Pizza! 

Mom and I went and ran a few errands where I got lots of washi tape and cute stickers for my planner!!


Yes, I am a 34 year old lady who likes stickers.  Don't judge.  You know you do too :)

Came home and spent the rest of the day working on my week layouts :)
To me it was a great first day - relaxing and a good meal - what more could you ask for!

Tuesday I ran a few more errands that consisted of buying more washi tape.  Yep, it's an obsession. 
Took Jake to the bookstore, where I ordered him a book and bought one for me that I had seen lots of bloggers that I follow endorse.  I haven't read a bad one yet that they had suggested, so I knew this one would be good also.  So far, so good! 


 I got the four rolls above at Office Depot.  I also had a coupon so it was cheap! 
So cute!!!

For weeks we had planned on taking Jake to Six Flags in Atlanta, so we were up by 5 am and out the door before 6!  We were ready to go! 
Now I am the first to admit, roller coasters are not my first pick for a trip, but I wanted to go and I was determined to ride some rides.  (My last ride experience was at Hollywood Studios at Disney riding the Start Wars ride thing, and I about lost my stomach.)

Lou had bought the tickets online, the parking pass online, and the flash pass online, so we didn't have to wait too long to get in.  We got our flash pass and went to the first ride and it was not working at the moment, so we went to the Scorcher.  We got right on, and the seats were like bicycle seats and you had to climb on it and then push down.  My buckle would not connect to the harness so the lady had to help me.  She pushed the harness in and at that moment it was not a good day to be a girl.  And I couldn't breathe to well, but off we went.  About 2 seconds in I could feel my stomach churning.  I just had to pretend I was at the beach and pray that the ride would be over soon.  As soon as I got off I literally stumbled over to the rail and sat down.  The workers came running over and I was fine, just was about to puke everywhere.  But, I didn't!!!

The next ride Jake wanted to ride was the Dare Devil.  I took one look and decided that I would really puke if I rode that one, so I opted out.  Of course I sat where they were starting karaoke.  Fun times!  

We grabbed lunch and then headed towards the MindBender.  I was going to ride this one, even though it had a few upside down loops.  It was AWESOME!!  I kept my eyes open and I really let myself enjoy it!  
We then headed to Gotham City to ride Batman, but again I took one look and knew it would not be good.  This getting old stuff is not good.  I used to ride rides all the time at Opryland!  

I took a pics of the guys in front of the Bat Mobile...
We then headed to ride a water ride, similar to the Grizzly River Rampage at Opryland.  It was pretty good, my kind of ride.  HA!  

Next ride was the Ninja, and again I opted to sit out.  Of course I want to ride the old, rickety wooden roller coasters that don't flip or twist like the new ones, but we were going to ride the Superman, but decided to ride the Georgia Cyclone and then let Jake play some games.  

We got right on the Georgia Cyclone, and this was the one we tried to ride as soon as we got there which was closed for maintenance or something, that should have been my first sign not to ride it.  We hopped on, started up the incline and stopped.  Yep, we got stuck.  It was maybe a total of 10 minutes, but still, it was scary.  And then once the ride started, I understood why Lou doesn't like the old wooden ones.  I was never so glad to get off a ride in my life!!

We took Jake to play some games and then headed home.  Getting out of Atlanta was fun because I missed the exit, and then Lou navigated us back to it, and I missed it again.  Never a dull moment.
We made it home at a good time and I was beat.  But we had a great time!!  Jake loved it and that was what mattered!  It was a successful day!!  

Thursday we didn't do much of anything, I slept a lot, Lou grilled out hamburgers, it was a good day :)

Friday, Lou took Jake to a zip lining/ropes course at Nashville Shores and mom and I went to eat at Olive Garden and then did some running around.  We had Jake's karate belt graduation last night and we were so proud of him for graduating to his purple belt, and becoming a member of the black belt club!!  He is doing great!

Today is a lazy day.  Of course having to get up at 4:40 on Monday morning won't be easy, but it won't be as bad since I have had a relaxing week!

Happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment