Thursday, July 3, 2014

Scrub a dub dub...I finally cleaned my tub...

Okay, so please do not judge me when you see the first pic of my tub.
I LOVE to take baths.  I would rather take a bath than a shower.  
It's so much easier to shave my legs in the tub.
But over time, the soap starts to collect on the sides of the tub.
And I have been too lazy to take a putty knife a scrape it off.
Kidding about the putty knife, but it has crossed my mind.


So...along comes a pin on Pinterest about a great shower cleaner, and you didn't have to scrub.  
Sign me up!!  

So for some reason tonight I chose to try it out...

I used 1 cup of white vinegar and heated in the microwave for 1 minute...the directions said 2 minutes, but that's too hot for me to handle...
Next was 1 cup of blue dawn.

I took an old spray bottle and cleaned it out and then poured the vinegar in and then the dawn.  

Went upstairs and started spraying.  


It said to leave it on for 15 minutes, but I knew mine would need more.  If you look closely you can see where I scraped some off to show the buildup.  

Why do I share my nastiness with you, you ask?  To show how this stuff really works!

 
See????!!!!!
Now I do have to go over one spot where my soap sits and runs down, but I have already sprayed again and just waiting.  

I read that you can also spray a little water and then spread baking soda before you spray the solution, and I did that, so that may have helped some also.

The only downside is that when you get ready to wipe and rinse it takes forever because of the dawn.
But I will let it take forever if my tub will be that clean.  

So there you have it.  The rest of my house is pretty clean most of the time, but I dread the tub.  I would rather scrub my toilet than the tub.  

So hope you find this helpful!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment