Thursday, July 17, 2014

Looking Back...

I love looking at everyone's "Throwback Thursday" pics on Facebook and Instagram, so when I was at my parents on the 4th of July, I grabbed some old photo albums and started taking pics of the pics. 

I posted my first one last week.  It was horrid, but I must have been in the 2nd grade (I think) and had huge glasses.  Who knows.  I had lots of funny comments and then others told me I should take that off, asking why would I ever put that on the internet.  Why not? 


I don't think that any one person will judge me today based on what I looked like in 1987.  And if they do, they have bigger problems. 

It was fun for me to look back at some of the pictures I forgot about (or maybe purposely pushed them out of my mind.)  There are some dance pictures where I literally cringe when I look at them.  But I love looking at my early years dance pics. 


Wasn't I just precious!!
Look at those bangs!!!
This is my absolute favorite dance pic :)

 
I was also looking at my mom's pics growing up and all I could see where my nephews!!  Both of them!!  This is my oldest nephew Braxton, but that picture is about 5 years old, but he looks just like my mom!!

This is my younger nephew Thatcher and again, this picture is a few years old, but I think he looks just like my mom also!  And Thatcher does his hands the same way a lot!  

Here is a pic of my mom's parents.  How romantic do they look!  Old Hollywood! 

This is a pic of my dad's mom and stepfather.  I love the old glasses!!  

 My mom's sisters and parents in Arkansas.  I'm guessing 1976 because Jennie is pregnant. 

I loved looking at my grandparents and parents from many years ago. 

 This is my dad's dad.  He died in 1947. 

 This is my mom's dad.  He served in the Army and was in WWII.

 My grandpa in Alaska in the Army.

 Grandpa (far left) in Alaska in the Army.

 My mom's mom. 

I also love the pictures of my grandparents in their years before kids.  My grandparents would go to Washington State to pick apples and eventually got married there.  They have pictures of them on the beach and in front of old cars.  I love them!






My mom and I love to do genealogy, of course she does it a lot more than I do, but I want to know the stories of the lives of my ancestors.  These pics just help me imagine what life was like back when they were growing up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment